It has come to my attention that all of us have job titles that we hate and most frustrating of all is the fact that we interviewed and hired ourselves for that job. What jobs, you ask? A few are "best listener" " Fashion consultant" "Family party planner" " Mr. Fact finder" and so on.
These jobs are never posted, no one interviews you and no one hires you. But rest assured, you are hired and it is life time title. People who have these jobs tend to say two sentences often. One, "If I don't do this it won't get done", and Two, No one appreciates how much work this is." As the holidays come we all go in to hyper drive in our self appointed jobs. We remember many people with gifts and know that few will be received in return, we bake and take and come home to a sink full of dishes. Often we don't know we are on probation at our jobs because no one tells us they don't need us. People will just let you go on and on with facts, advice or criticism three of the top positions, because it makes for interesting stories to tell other people behind your back. People let you go on and on because they don't think you are right for the job, they think you are not very good at it and they hope you quit. But.. quit, of course not. We love being so very very helpful. Even if people who receive our help want to shoot us in the head we keep it up because we are our own boss and we suck to work for. So, it is my hope that during this recession, that people, fire themselves. Please fire yourself, only person who ever picks up the family room, Fire yourself person who volunteers everywhere that people are short of help, Fire yourself blackberry sherriff who googles any topic being discussed and corrects everyone. It is okay. I know jobs are hard to come by now, but you look tired. Go ahead give yourself a pink slip.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
1 comment:
Great post Nae Nae! I'm sure there's a few jobs I can fire myself from. And maybe a few I should hire myself for? :)
Post a Comment