Suffice to say we are all busy. Lots of cool stuff happening for all of us. If we don't want facebook to snuff this blog out I challenge everyone to post!!!
Random thoughts: I think you can divide all people in to two groups. Group one; in every situation this person subtracts the people and only focuses on the situation. Group two; in every situation this person subtracts the situation and only focuses on the people. So.. if you like this idea do a short insightful glance and decide which group you belong in. Next ask your significant other if you indeed do fit in to that group. Most kids are relieved to report that neither of their parents fit into both groups. Thus a fine balance is created. The group ones have us all slaves to lists, clocks and rules. Group ones are impatient waiting anywhere, be it in lines or in traffic. However, Group ones are considerate about time, plan things that actually come off, are ideal employees, and seem objective and fair often. Group twos want to talk out EVERYTHING!! Group twos know why everything is happening is happening. Group twos have detailed stories and continue telling them even when defensive sleeping is employed by listeners. Group twos have no time or money sense and they tend to let the "mood" of the room ruin their day. However, group twos never forget your birthday. They give you thoughtful gifts that they remember you had admired. Group twos are never "on the way out the door" regardless of their plans for the day, they will drop them if you need to talk and be heard. Group twos are also really nice to kids, they are some of the few people who talk with and not at kids.
So, alas, I believe you are born a one or a two. No matter how impassioned the speech, no true group one member will leap to join group two members.
And aren't we glad that don't!
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
1 comment:
I'll continue posting. I think this blog is important. I feel the same way I did years ago when I created it. That is, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any other social networking site cannot replace the intimacy of a family blog.
I've changed my approach to Facebook, for the most part. It's not really a place for me to be open and honest. It's a forum for me to simply let people know I am thinking about them. A "like" here and "comment" there can go a long way sometimes. In the past, too often, it became a place for me to get in disagreements with people who have never shown any true interest in my life. People, which, one time in an argument, I called "peripheral characters." It is always frustrating to get in arguments with someone you haven't seen in six years or someone who still envisions you as a thirteen year old.
This blog is different. You are my absolute favorite and most cherished people in the world. I like to be open with you. I like to receive your openness.
Also, a blog can serve better as a repository -- an archive for family history purposes. All of this is hard to tease out of other social networking tools. Hopefully, these few points have convinced you (and me ). I'll be posting from Thailand and beyond, so stay tuned.
Post a Comment