Monday, March 17, 2008

Glad to have a friend like you.....


I had a major epiphany at 3:15 A.M. I was up, worrying, agonizing and brooding over not just our impending move, or our lack of data about our future but that , "I am alone in the world" feeling that you get sometimes (worse each hour you do not go to sleep) .

The house was quiet, even the vampire Erik had slid into his shadowy lair.

That day, Dad and I had one of the conversations that starts very badly and ends well. I told him that for so long I had been on a surface level with everyone. Sometimes because I work where he works, or because it is a small town, or because poor guy, is Bishop. Of course this isn't completely true or fair. I just do that. Put the truth serum on someone and keep my mouth and my life tightly shut. I don't know why I do it. But I do it uninterrupted because most people don't notice. I realized that I am the one steering this ship. I just felt so frustrated with myself and alone.


So, I got on the Bernhard blog. I read, and read and laughed and cried and glowed at pictures of my UK 3. I remembered and pondered and like the Grinch that stole Christmas, my heart grew 3 sizes. I realized. I HAVE GREAT FRIENDS! Smart, thoughtful, honest, funny, nice, loyal, helpful, generous friends. It was good to know. I am lucky. I am blessed. So here's to you my wonderful friends Randy, Heidi, Erik, Kurt, Jared, Marissa, Ulysses, Bronwyn, Thorunn and Jenn. I love you all.

2 comments:

Randy said...

You are my BEST friend Nae' Nae' :) and overall we are very lucky to have such a wonderful family!!

Torben B said...

Agreed. Our family is very awesome. I'm so happy that my best friends are all in my family. How lucky is that?