This blog is pretty cool. I think this would be even more interesting if you created the poems using chance operations instead of deliberately selecting the words you want to use.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
This blog is pretty cool. I think this would be even more interesting if you created the poems using chance operations instead of deliberately selecting the words you want to use.
7 comments:
I love the idea of found art of any kind. We did this in our creative writing lab. He had us tear out a page out of a magazine, pick ten words off that page at random and then we had to write poems. It was really fun. It made me re-think the creative process and how calculated and too self concious it can be. To remain fresh and surprising and new we have to mix things up. I like this site.
I have an idea for whoever wants to play. We will each pick 2 words for each person playing. Each person may add 4 words. The words of the poem will come from the given list and the 4 chosen words. For example Heidi, Janae' and Kurt play.
Heidi- oddest, poorly,plump,inventive,colorful,frightened,warden,magical
she wil add 4 words of her own
and so on..
I have another idea (not to say that we can't do both): Leave it ALL to chance. Every seventh (or whatever number you choose) stays, the rest gets blacked out.
Good idea. Let's do it and post them. Are we going to stick with a newspaper or can it be any magazine page?
i think it can be anything u want... but let's thicken the plot and say it has to be the seventh page of whatever text u choose
kewl
okay this is the thick, hearty and meaty plot; go to any piece of text, book, newspaper, magazine.
Next, tear out the 7th page. Next blot out every word but the seventh word of every sentence. Then write your poem.
Post a Comment