Monday, December 03, 2007

99MB Revolving Door: jazz performance: Art Pepper

A friend of mine told me about this short-documentary on Art Pepper the other day. I'm fascinated by the idea of archiving my life, and become increasingly interested in archiving my life when I see things like this and the documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston. I'd encourage us all to try to archive our lives a little more. Journals and diaries are no longer the only form of archiving. I would love to put together little shorts like this for my loved ones. This short was put together by Art Pepper's wife. This may just be evidence of my curiosity and obsession with permanence, but I think there is so much value in recording our lives. In fact, I talked to Patrick about a VHS he has of us in highschool --- yep, me in all my glory. I feel like it's all important. We should not censor our own lives. The whole story is much more beautiful.

No comments: