This is the time of year when we all commend excess. I have to say that I really appreciate Christmas lights and the way people go kind of well.. crazy. As much as I marvel at the time and expense of some displays, I have to admit, I marvel at the cool way they look and the fact that for the most part, christmas lights are not for the people putting them up's enjoyment, but for strangers who happend to pass by and get a contact high from them. I think it is funny how we drive around and look at lights as well as critique them... "Those neon lights look spookey" or " Wow, I have never seen twinkle light deer drink from a twinkle light pond before but it looks cool.
Lighted deer. I am afraid of them. To me they are sneaky and rather dangerous. Why you ask? Because first of all, you can't tell if you are looking at the old kind that just stand there or the new kind that slowly look up, look around and well do stuff. What are they looking at, can they see me? Are they planning on leaving that yard at sometime to do unthinkable things? Alas, we do not know, and there in lies the fear they can cause.
Lastly I would like to give a nod to the plasic cup, chain link fence artists. These are the people that create a sort of light brite effect by putting plastic cups into their fence to make pictures of, well... flags, turkeys, easter eggs and yesterday a saw a really big wreath. I like this kind of arts and crafts. It resembles all good mosaic endeavors and most anyone can do it if they have the will
No comments:
Post a Comment