Wednesday, May 16, 2007

School Ends and Busy Summer Starts


This is a fun time of year for me. School is ending and the excitement of summer is on every kids mind. We are doing our final performances for parents nights. Tomorrow night we are perfoming at City arts Center. My drum circle is performing alone and with spoken work. I also have two amazing 6yr olds that can really break dance "Go Claudio, Go go, Go Andres." The kids are doing a soul train type of dance while wearing the Mardis Gras type masks they made. I will try to take pictures and add them. Next week my other school is doing a performance of dance through the decades. They are doing a 100 yrs of dance to celebrate Oklahoma. Dancing are 4,5,6 grades. They are doing the Cake Walk, Charleston, Swing, Boogie Woogie, Twist, Pony, Hustle, Worm, Macarena and Pop and Lock. It is so fun and so cute. I am proud of them.
I am getting ready for my summer camps. I am doing C.S.I., A Pirates life for me, Making a Musical, and Stage combat, Improv and Mime. It should be fun. I am also doing a one week camp at the housing projects. We have two more days of Seminary. I am buying fun outdoor games as presents for our kids on the lasts day to wish them "Happy Summer!"
It is great having Erik here. He has been making samples for me of art projects and getting all the music I need recorded. We really love having him and his monkeys here.

2 comments:

Torben B said...

Is there any way you can post a video of this? I'm sure Randieux should be able to help you out in this area.

Janae said...

I think they are taping the CAC show. I am bringing Erik to the 100 years show and he will take digital pictures. I need to keep better records of my work. We miss you. Hey Erik wants to know if we can hook up with some Nike tennies. I need some because I am ruining my feet and having terrible pain in my heel. He needs them because he popped his air pocket or something.. Let us know!