Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today is Remeberance Day in the UK. It is the day we remember all those who served in War, and hope for Peace. Today I remember my grandmother who served her country.

1 comment:

Janae said...

spent a dinner out talking to a Vietnam vet who did 3 tours. He was a helicopter gunner. One time, their "bird" was hit and his pilot and medic were killed. He was in the South China sea for 9 hours waiting for help. He talked about how he was a hunter before "Nam" and now he cannot even think about shooting anything. I thought about how so many brave people, sacrifice not only their lives but their futures. It has been a long time since Viet Nam, but to hear this man tell it, it was yesterday. I believe that no matter how much we prize peace we often forget those who would give everything to keep it. Good going Joan!