Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rocky Mountain National Park

http://www.fws.gov/ficmnew/Proceedings%20on%20the%20Web/images/rocky_mountain_national_park.JPG
On Friday, Janae, Erik and I drove down to Estes Park, Colorado and spent some time in the Rocky Mountain National Park. Several years ago, Mom & Dad took us to Estes Park for a week (Tom Stipanowich was with us too). Dad had some conference he was attending there. I saw my first production of "The Fantasticks" at a little community theatre in Estes Park. I fondly remembered the drive through the Rocky Mountain National Park. The scenery is absolutely amazing. During our drive we saw a lot of elk. I think at one point we were well above 12,000 feet. Loveland, Colorado is only about 45 minutes away from us and then the drive to Estes Park is about another half hour. We spent about 2-3 hours in the park itself.

2 comments:

Torben B said...

i can't wait to make a trip to this place with you guys! Next time we make the trip over, we'll have to plan a day trip.

TroxelTribe said...

Ahh, this is pretty close to us. I went to college in Greeley, which isn't far from Loveland, and we used to go to Estes to go horseback riding, hiking, etc. It's such a beautiful spot and really is the kind of thing most people think of when they think of Colorado.