Saturday, June 28, 2008

Re-potting a plant


















We are here in Wyoming. Quite frankly I never thought I would utter those words in my lifetime. In truth I never thought I would send greetings from OKC or Louisiana either. It seems that we have been blessed by rough waters. In theory we are adventure seekers. In reality we can get stuck like eveyone else. Comfortable. Even when we have found ourselves in a situation that was lacking or soul sucking for that matter, we have hesitated to make a change.


Re-potting the plant. It is good for the roots. At first the plant looks like it is dead and really scrawny in it's new home. It wilts and looks pathetic for a while. In time, the plant decides that it is either adjust or perish and so (most of the time) it perks up.

We are really surprised by Wyoming so far. I try to count cowboy hats I see each day but I would get a better count if I was counting bikers and old hippies. Don't get me wrong, the public art they have are ornately painted and very large cowboy boots. But, all in all this big state with very few people, seems to have a sign on it's border that states: Just relax.

We like the people we have met so far. Generous of spirit. Nice for a change.

1 comment:

Torben B said...

i like this post quite a bit. We've recently been planting a garden and i've observed exactly what you talk about in your post. When first introducing plants, they look depressed and hunched over. After a few days wondering if there is any way to salvage them, you revisit your garden and find them vibrant and seemingly full of life. Of course, having fresh soil and water doesn't hurt either ;)