skip to main |
skip to sidebar
You had a bad day ...
The Bernhard-Bubbs have had a run of bad luck this week. Nothing tragic -- just bad luck. It started on Sunday when a collision with our stairs and a lot of blood sent Bronwyn to the emergency room. She had liquid stitches and is healing nicely, but it was a bit traumatic. On Monday, Thorunn turned one, but her party was postponed due to the stomach flu. Tuesday was the long-awaited driving test for me. I drove two hours to a city I didn't know with a very kind sister from the ward that I barely know to get the test done. I was nervous, but after months of walking and feeling like a 15-year-old who is always asking her dad for rides, I was so ready! About 10 minutes into the test, I was feeling good and the examiner (an officious man in a suit named Tony) asked me to pull over. I thought he was testing my parking skills, but, alas, no - the airbag warning sign in the car had turned on and he informed me that he could no longer continue the test. I was dumbfounded; I did a bit of pleading, explained the complicated macninations that had allowed me to get to the test -- which included the long trip to a city I'd never been to, getting someone to drive with me (learner drivers can't drive alone) and having Jared home to watch the kids. Tony was unmoved. He made me leave the car there and we took a 15-minute walk back to the testing center while I tried not to cry. When I got there, I did cry and then poor Sister Burdon and I tried to walk back to the car, getting a bit lost along the way. And then the two-hour drive home. And now I have to find another day to take the test and we have to get the car fixed. Add to this broken computers and a bad case of mastitis and - well, you get the idea. On the good side, I now know Sister Burden quite well and she was very kind. Bronwyn seems no worse for wear and everything that has been broken can be fixed.
No comments:
Post a Comment