For some reason I can't comment only post. So. Heidi, I tried to call you but bad timing. I love, love, love, your sweet thoughtful clever and funny card for Kurt. If ever I feel sad, I am going to look at that and feel lots better. In fact, I will print them up, I need to take them with me.
I have had one of those weeks. Not horrible or that hectic but disappointing. When I feel like this, it is easy to get one of two speeds going..sleep speed, or manic tie up loose end speed. I am on the later and this afternoon I am going to launch in to the previous. Today is my last day at the pre-school I love going to. I have made them a special wall hanging with the felt faces they made appliqued on and the song I wrote for them. Faces.
"People have faces. Faces with spaces. Spaces with places to fill right in." People have faces, faces with spaces, Start at the forehead and end at the chin." "Where do your eyes fit?" Where does your nose sit?" Where is your mouth space?" "Now you have a great face." People have faces, faces with spaces, spaces with places to fill right in." I am sad to say good bye but I have really had fun there and learned a few signing skills.
It is always hard to move on. Especially when the future in uncertain. But to be honest, the future is always uncertain, and all of the great plans you carefully make, often get unmade, and life is a bit of a gamble at best. So.. thanks Heidi for being so cool and having such a wonderful family with my favorite guy Jared. It makes all the ups and downs worth it somehow.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment