Sunday, February 24, 2008

Missing everyone

Just finished watching the Oscars. We sat around in PJ's and ate Pizza rolls and bagel bites and Erik kept track of our scores including Kurt's picks. It was fun but it made me miss Nana and Heidi and Kurt and Marissa and my sister. It made me feel like we are all scattered and time is short.

After last week, ( you were right Jenn things do improve) I finally don't have a fever, my cat is not sitting in the kitty litter having a seizure, a friend dropped of her quilting frame and a piece of lemon pound cake (she was craving since her 4th baby is weeks away) and I finally figured out how to finish my quilting project with my Special needs kids and adults.

Things do get better but they will slump again. My new mantra is life is too short to do things you hate.

Reasons we do things we hate: Money,money,money
We care what people think about us
We are afraid of change
We believe we are stuck, that we are to far down this road to turn around
There is plenty of time so soon, when I get past this latest big push I will so things I want to do

RUBBISH!!!!!

That day will not come if you do not schedule it. I believe life is too important to be unhappy. If you miss people call them. If you think of them send them something. If you really miss someone, go see them. If you feel like eating an ice cream cone, go get one. I really feel this is true. Living with regrets is the worst thing that can happen. Second only to that is developing an elaborate story that explains why your miserable life is a perfect fit for you.

I had a conversation with a person the other day and I thought to myself. None of this is true. Why does this person feel they have to say this stuff, do they think I will judge them if I know the real story? It made me sad. So in the name of saying what you think. All people who have bad stomaches, or lots of headaches or who feel like sleeping all the time. Maybe you are just sad. Maybe you think if you say so, something bad will happen. My experience is, you can say it, and nice people will give you a pep talk and tell you good for you, I am behind you. You can change this and I will like you no matter what. A soft place to fall. We all need it. We all can offer it.

No comments: