I think you might all relate to this. I have had one of those months. Sick for weeks, money worries, a cat in the cat hospital and frustrations at work. I have been feeling like no matter which way I turn it is the wrong way. I have felt discouraged and overwhelmed and short tempered, which at 50 is not common for me.
It is times like this that make us all remember how frail we are, how little control we have and how invested we are in making things just right. I can get myself into these tail spins and not realize it. I suddenly start giving speeches about how much more I care about everything or how little I am appreciated. I also feel this need to never answer my phone. Have you been there?
I don't have some wonderful advice here. I don't mean to make anyone feel discouraged, like, "No way, it doesn't get better?" I just had in mind that perhaps it is good to remember that we all have this in common. We all live lives that seem ill-conceived at times. We all feel like running away, or hiding from anyone else who needs anything else. It is okay to feel this way. It is okay to hide for awhile until you feel stronger. It is alright to say, no, I am out of what ever anyone needs so don't ask me. It is okay to feel like everything you touch turns to mush. It is being human. It is part of it. It is okay.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
4 comments:
YES. i feel like this much more often than i ever let on. last month i finally realized i was depressed when everyone began mentioning i never picked up the phone. Also, when u understand this about me, you'll understand why i love Fellini's 8 1/2 so much. In the end, with pressure mounting, and confrontation with your weaknesses threatening, it's best to give in to the absurdity of life.
Also, remember, we're always here for you. We LOVE YOU.
Thanks Kurt. I love you too. I hope your trip to California is the next step in all the great things that will happen to you both.
Oh my Gosh, to me what you described is the definition of being an adult! Hang in there and know that you're not alone in feeling this way. I think the difference between you and most of the rest of the world is owning up to these feelings instead of stuffing them down. We live in a world of passive-aggressive people that are miserable and end up transferring those feelings onto everyone else! I think the only thing that helps is keeping the right perspective- realizing life is this crazy roller coaster ride and as low as it goes, eventually it rises again. Just keep a lot of people in the cart with you! You know I'm on board. :)
Post a Comment