I don't like its lemming quality, and yet, it is a survivor instinct. We all find comfort in a common enemy. George W. has proven that theory in spades. We may disagree about many things, but not our opinion of the current situation. Amazingly, we have come across huge differences to agree. We are in trouble!Last night we watched the BBC doc regarding prisoners of war torture. It was horrific and heartbreaking and, to be honest, humiliating to own up to . The one concept that hit me the hardest was the birds of a feather concept. People sort themselves. Politicians do too. George W. and Rumsfeld and others in his clique all agreed that sexually assaulting a devout Muslim by a woman was well, "One hell of an idea!" Now how does one person think this way, and then how does that person get a crowd of cheerleaders? I am thinking of armies of goose stepping people right now. So.. not only is the horror of this situation the fact that people can be unified by common fear and hatred, but the fact that when rules and promises and morals are broken, a your group of "pals" will cover for you. SCARY!!!
2 comments:
Does it bother anyone that Romney said this?:
ROMNEY: I am glad [detainees] are at Guantanamo. I don’t want them on our soil. I want them on Guantanamo, where they don’t get the access to lawyers they get when they’re on our soil. I don’t want them in our prisons, I want them there. Some people have said we ought to close Guantanamo. My view is we ought to double Guantanamo.
Uhm...YES! This movie made me both very sad and angry! What the United States has done in the name of "American Values" is not unlike what the Crusaders did in the Middle Ages. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Bush/Cheney for Prison 2008"...after seeing this movie, I agree and would add Rumsfield to the list.
Post a Comment