Today, we ventured out into the world again after months of staying at home. We went to London to the Tate Modern Art Museum. And we looked at some Picassos and Pollocks and Miros and lots of other cool things. Unfortunately, the Tate does not allow photos. They also don't like you to touch sculptures or the paintings. There was a brief moment when we thought we might get kicked out because the kids lost their minds a little bit at first. But, we recovered and they let us stay. We didn't get any photos of the paintings, but we did get to take some photos of what the kids liked the best, which is an enormous crack in the floor of the Tate, which was put in by a Columbian artist to symbolize the distance between people. The crack is temporary, they are going to fill it in, but there will always be a scar. The kids liked walking over it.
Crossing over the Millenium Bridge. The Tower Bridge is in the background.
The Tate used to be a power plant.
4 comments:
Warehouses make good galleries, just like lofts make good studio. Lots of negative space as they say. I agree, that crack is good. Kids like organic literal art. I do to. Nothing to argue about really. Just a cool crack to shout out to the great divide.
i love modern art. i wish i could go there with u. Any DaDa?
Me too. :) There was tons of Cubism, Fauvism, Abstract painting, Abstract Expressionism, Minimalism, Surrealism, etc. But not much Dada -- nothing too famous that I recognized anyways.
The cool thing about living in Europe, is well everything. The sense of history, the coziness and manageable size of everything, the fact that ancient things coexsist with new ones. I like it there. I would like to live there but perhaps it is because then, I could in person make everything. :) Good old Bronwyn. My one true fan. I know this status will last until she goes to school in the fall. For now please be careful of your automobile, I made it. If you do get a flat tire, I will make some new ones for you though.
Post a Comment