It is Christmas morning 2007. This has been a quiet, relaxing Christmas with just Janae, Erik and I. Last night we had a wonderful pot roast dinner, drove around and looked at Christmas lights and then came back and watched "It's a Wonderful Life." And, as always, it made me cry at the end. I awoke at 10:00 AM this morning and laid in bed reflecting on the time when Scott & I shared a room in our Provo home and were determined to stay up all night on Christmas Eve. We were just too excited to sleep and could hardly wait for morning to come. I still get warm, fuzzy feelings about Christmas but not the sense of excitement and wonder that a child feels. Perhaps we'll be able to capture of bit of that when we spend Christmas with the grandkids. :)
At this time of year, I do find myself wishing all of us could be together. Having Heidi, Jared, Ulysses, Bronwyn, Thorunn, Erik, Jocelyn, Kurt, and Marissa with us would be the ideal. I also really miss mom and dad at this time of year. They always made Christmas such a special time...such wonderful memories! The reality of them being gone really hits home during these special occasions. I hope that everyone is having a joyous Christmas today. I also look forward to the next Christmas when hopefully we can all be together. If this Christmas has not lived up to your expectations, don't despair--you have another one coming up next year! :)
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
1 comment:
I agree it would be wonderful to all be together and yet in spirit we all are. I have had Nana and Grandpa on my mind too. Mostly hoping, that in some small way, I might be able to carry on the wonderful and selfless way they gave to all of us. Having grandchildren, we often think of our own grandparents and how we miss them. Everytime I knit I think of Ganny and realize perhaps a bit too late, how many hours she spent, giving of herself in such a personal way by making afghans and quilts for all of us. I hope to do some of that good work too!
Post a Comment