I haven't added a post in quite a while but I am pretty much up to speed with most of you because of my mad phone skills. I wanted to share a few thoughts I have been milling around and perhaps share a few things I am excited about. Tomorrow we are having our much challenged and criticized craft activity for R.S. It should be loads of fun. Which brings me to my thought, I think people find sacred and meaningful and important very different things. For an artistic soul, creating is very spiritual and affirming, for a linear thinker perhaps studying talks from General conf. might do the trick. I am singing at the baptisms of two really wonderful people tomorrow after the activity. One sister is getting re-baptised by her new husband who just got baptised and the other gal married a mormon guy and is ready to join. So cool. I was working on my song and I could not get through it, the feelings, the sureness, the sweetness of my testimony popped up and surprised me. The spirit has a habit of doing that. I love the song I am singing and the words sounded so different to me, " But how can you hope to see his face, who never have seen his hand? Listen to the wind blow, then listen once again." I think anyone who has the intention to strictly monitor or force or plan or design spirituality is a fool. Myself included. I will never be able to argue or convince but for me it is enough to just know. I would love to discuss the article still, let me know if time permits.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
1 comment:
I really agree with this post. I've found that many of my spiritual experiences have been the result of creative endeavors. I think there is something inherently sacred in the creating process and, because of this, I've always enjoyed teaching in the church. I feel like my right and left brain have a yin-yang relationship --- I feel invigorated from both faculties, but the feelings associated with these experiences are quite different. Nonetheless, in my book, there is nothing as powerful as the feelings I receive as a result of creating, building, and refining my creations. I wonder how God felt as he was creatively organizing the world (don't confuse this as a strict intelligent design statement. Think "theistic evolution"). Anyhow, thanks for this post! I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I never feel as good as I do when I'm working on something creative.
Post a Comment