
I have to speak a moment about creating things with your hands. I do not begin to say I understand why or how this works but I know it is a spiritual endeavor. Sewing all of these fun things with "my machine" as Ulysses would say has been refreshing, joyful and rewarding. Perhaps for all of us that spend a little too much time in our heads, this simple exercise of creating something concrete, does more than what seems obvious to us. Just a thought mind dwellers, you might want to try this out!
Janae'
2 comments:
Although I don't do it very often, creating things with my hands is very therapeutic. I remember getting lost in a trance for hours as I edited audio and constructed beats (I know this isn't "creating with hands" in the strictest sense). Also, to this day, my favorite job I've ever had was at Oakwood Little League. I felt so satisfied when a field looked beautiful. I don't remember deriving satisfaction from my work like that ever again :( Actually, I feel like that when I work on music or on film shoots. Great posts mom! It's nice to see some personal thought posts on here (not to say that ALL posts aren't cool also).
Just want to say as a first-hand witness to what Janae is saying, that I have never seen her happier and more content since she has taken up knitting and started actively sewing again. Although, I think it is also important WHO she is knitting and sewing for...family, loved ones, grandkids, etc. This gives her a specific purpose for her creative outlet.
Post a Comment