So, I felt a little funny about posting something on Dane, it seemed too personal to discuss here. But I knew we would all be thinking about it, feeling his absence, thinking of Mom and Dad. And with the distance between us, I didn't want to let the day pass without saying -- I remember, I miss what would have been and I am thinking about my parents and brothers and our shared loss.
I love you and I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of this family.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
1 comment:
It's funny. This day is like a toothache. I can certainly make it through but in a nagging way it is there and it demands my attention. In some ways the memory seems dim, almost like a movie I watched that had a real impact on me. In other ways it is so vital a part of who I am that it is not just that day, but so many days after that fateful day that it is current, a centerpiece to most experiences and interatctions I have every day. Frustrations are less because compared to losing Dane.. or noticing sadness and pain in others and truly relating. It is overwhelming to realize how Dane's death has affected my children. I feel so much good has come from our mutual understanding, out solidarity in response to such a horrible random event. I feel so blessed to have my children and partner as friends. I feel protective of all of you, afraid that I have leaned on you too much, expected too much from such tender hearts. I guess I will always wrestle with that. I do know that Dane is a part of all of our lives. It is something you had to be there to understand and we all were. I am so glad to have you as my friends. Loyal and true.
Post a Comment