Wednesday, June 13, 2007


Random list of movies that I think everyone should see, at least once, before they die (in no particular order):

PART ONE

1. The Jean De Florette/Manon of the Spring set
2. The Color Trilogy
3. M
4. The Color of Paradise
5. 8 1/2
6. Tsotsi
7. The Motorcycle Diaries
8. Lost In Translation (a movie you either get, or don't)
9. The Royal Tenenbaums
10. Ordet
11. Bus 174
12. The Before Sunrise/Before Sunset set
13. The Straight Story (I can't really explain why I dig this movie so much, I just do)
14. My Life as a Dog
15. Good Night, and Good Luck
16. Cinema Paradiso
17. Life is Beautiful
18. Moulin Rouge (I admit it. I love it --- every spectacle-filled moment of it)
19. Cool Hand Luke (I had to do it)
20. High Fidelity
21. The 400 Blows
22. The Godfather Trilogy (you know I had to put this on the list)
23. Amores Perros
24. Schindler's List
25. The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I'll post PART TWO sometime soon. This list is pretty much a random list of movies that left an impression on me, or created a cinematic experience that I want to share with other people.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Hey Kurt! Excellent list of movies...I have seen most of them. I will have to make up my own list sometime!