
Mr. T proudly presents
Kurt's TEN things that suck about being a grown-up, and TEN things that are pretty cool about being all growed up:
Things that kinda suck:
1. Taxes (I just did these yesterday. A little bit late)
2. Being expected to be productive (relaxing is incredibly underrated)
3. Having to pay for your own food when you go out to eat (although, family still hooks me up)
4. Bills (sorry to be so cliche)
5. Moving away from family under the guise of progression (not that there isn't good things about moving away too)
6. Being expected to "act" adult by adhering to a series of arbitrary, culturally defined, guidelines
7. The responsibility of dental hygiene solely resting on you, no longer being able to blame your parents
8. Lectures from people who are "more" adult. Of course, these never go away because there is always someone older than you. Also, these will always be around as long as you have people that love you.
9. The politics of adult relationships
10. Having to find a job that provides stability when you really just want to play
Here are some things I think are pretty cool about being a grown-up:
1. Being able to understand deep concepts and own your own opinions
2. Appreciating places you travel to
3. Ultimately deciding what you are going to do with your life
4. Falling in love
5. Having children to lecture :)
6. Having long discussions that you no longer find boring (not that I can necessarily remember a time when I was bored by discussions)
7. Maintaining long-lasting friendships
8. Being able to order anything you want from the menu without worrying
9. Spilling on stuff that you own and thinking, "eh, no one can say anything to me, I own it"
10. Turning off the Christmas tree in your new home and thinking, "wow... I'm kind of a dad figure"
What are some of yours?
3 comments:
Things that are bad about being a grown-up:
1. Money (the root of -- almost -- all evil)
2. I can't go to bed when I am sick, I am usually sick taking care of others who are also sick. (That might be one for a list of bad and good things about being a parent)
3. You have too much knowledge to make a reckless choice and throw caution to the wind.
4. I have to plan my birthdays -- less surprises.
5. Choices have been made, the whole world is no longer open to you.
Things that are good about being an adult:
1. Sex, I am just beating mom to the punch.
2. Less worried about what people thing, about what you are supposed to do, about things you can't control. Less worried in general.
3. Lifetime friendships, adult understanding of those who came before.
4. Planning Christmas and birthdays for others is actually way more fun once you have kids.
5. Your choices are made, now you can enjoy and settle into life.
Yeah --- sex is awesome. Good call on beating mom to that choice. So true :)
Bad stuff:
1. You feel responsible all the time.
2. You see your parents aging.
3. You can't turn a deaf ear to the problems of others.
4. You realize that their are some things you will never do.
5. You start to wear out physically.
Good stuff:
1.Sex
2.Sex.
3.Sex.
4. Perspective
5. Patience
6. Contentment
7. A feeling of accomplishment regarding met goals.
8. Kids grow up to be great friends.
9. Grandchildren
10. Comfortable in your own skin.
Post a Comment