Friday, June 08, 2007



Hi! Just returning from my visit to Seattle. Stayed with Scott & his family for a couple of days. After a terrific steak dinner, I tried to keep up with Scott & Ronnie in a game of "Guitar Heroes". The next day, Julie & Will took me to the Experience Music Project. It is an interactive music museum with special Disney Music, Jimi Hendrix, origins of hip hop exhibits. There is also a place where you can record your own music in a studio. All very cool! The photo above is of a large sculpture in the center of the museum and some of the instruments actually play! After the museum, we hooked-up with Scott and went out to dinner.

Today, Julie, Will and I went to the open market and had a great time looking around and had an excellent brunch at a French restaurant. Later Julie & Will showed me around downtown Seattle and over by where they live.

3 comments:

Torben B said...

I can comment again! Well... at least temporarily --- let's hope it sticks. That sounds like a fantastic trip! I've wanted to go to Seattle for quite some time. That is Marissa's favorite area of the U.S. Those restaurants, markets, and museums sound like great fun (also, right up my alley). We should plan a trip there as a family sometime.

CobraCommander1974 said...

Kurt, no one invited you. But if you must go I could make some recomendations, I did used to live there. Pikes Place market, The U district, Ballard,Snohomish County, Olympic National Forest,San Juan Islands, and Concrete Washington (The Town, not the building material). Please warn me if your going, because I wnna go too!

CC :)

Annie said...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE COME SOMETIME!! Randy, I'm so bummed I missed you--talk about a busy schedule...sadly I was at the stupid doctor, I'm sure dad told you.

So sorry to have missed it. Dad is really good at Guitar Hero (as is Torben!) and I can't keep up with them either!!

Glad you had a good time; COME BACK!