Monday, June 04, 2007


Greetings from Las Vegas!

I am in Las Vegas for the Americans for the Arts Conference. Over 1,200 arts directors from around the country are in attendance. The conference has been pretty decent with excellent workshop/seminar tracks. I have heard some great presentations on fund raising and philanthropy for the arts, arts leadership, cultivation of creativity and imagination and the future of not only arts education but education in general, and use of technology to promote the arts. So far I have put about $35.00 in the slot machines and lost all of it! Yesterday, I put a $20 bill in and got up to $26.00 and then gradually lost all of it. Bernhard's were not meant to gamble! Las Vegas is extremely decadent, but the hotels and architecture are truly amazing! I have walked the strip some and took some photos with my new camera phone :) Las Vegas is also a great place to people watch and people truly do not care what they where when they are hot. I also have gotten a kick out of brides & their parties making their way to the wedding chapel in the hotel. I am looking forward to seeing Scott & Family and Julie & Will on Wednesday of this week.

No comments: