Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I arrived in Bangkok last night at 11. The flight was pretty painless and I'm happy to be here. I'll periodically update everyone on our happenings throughout the summer. We'll leave to India mid-June.

The journey begins...

I read the book "Fast Food Nation" on the flight. I'm about 100 pages in. I need to stop reading. I already stopped going to Wal-Mart. McDonald's and most fast food chains are highly unethical. I'm sick of being aware :) Ever feel like that?

2 comments:

Janae said...

I have thought alot about this. The pros and cons of awareness. I have come to this awareness; whenever any idea or teaching or service becomes large, successful and incorporated it loses sight of it's initial purpose and goals. Most doctors want to help relieve suffering, but when a doctor becomes successful and must protect himself he/she can often lose sight of why he became a doctor, to heal. I can't think of any really wonderful group of people from teachers to preachers to inventors to artists that don't lose something when they expand. When you lose touch with the grass roots you lose a check and balance system. Our world has a hard time asking the hard questions when a person or organization makes money.

CobraCommander1974 said...

Dont Care its still good, and It tastes even better now thats it made with the tears of child slave labor. MMMMM yummy tears...