
SICK BRITNEY. I have to say...I really can't help but be obsessed with this train wreck of a PARENT/POP STAR/ICON!!!!!! Makes me wish I grew up in a different time period...! Aw well. I just think this disaster deserves some scoffing on our family website...
...a fam website which looks pretty freakin' sweet if you ask me!!! Nice work, Kurty! just asked Marissa to be "friends" with me on facebook!!! :) I guess it's not official yet unless we're facebook/myspace friends!! haha. GENERATION OF NERDS AND CRAZIES (ahem Britney).
I love the little addition about my pops! Haha. For a second, I thought he was involved! A couple months ago I googled my name and did "images" and got a headstone. WOW DEPRESSING!!!
Just poppin' in--sending the love. It's AWEN not ARWYN? Did I read that right?? I still dig ARWYN!!!!
5 comments:
It's times like this that I'm thankful I don't have a TV :) I've become much less celebrity obsessed since I have been to poor for cable. But... Britney's BALD?!?!? :)
I meant "too" poor of course :)
This is the story of a girl that got fame too fast, too young. She obviously couldn't handle all the attention and ended up making alot of stupid mistakes. Now her star has faded and she does not have the talent to reinvent herself (unlike he highly successful Madonna). Seriously doubt Brittany will ever make a comeback.
I'm beginning to doubt it too...I kinda wanted it, though!! Just for her sake...but yeah. She's no Madonna...that's for sure!
Definitely a cautionary tale for becoming commodified and overly sexualized before you are even 18. I know there is an army of nannies, but I feel sorry for the kids. And I will parrot what was said before -- definitely NO Madonna. Madonna is smart and was always in control, for better or worse. Britney was just aping Madonna. I am getting a little carried away here, but it is kind of like some of the conflicts between old wave and new wave feminism. A lot of new wave feminists have mistaken being sexually provocative and open for being in control of their sexuality. O.K., I'll stop now.
Post a Comment