Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hi everyone,
I am hoping that as the busy summer draws to a close we will all have a moment to write and catch up with one another. I just got back from PA where I visited Heidi, Jared, Ulysses and Bronwyn. What fun grandchildren are and what wonderful friends our kids grow in to as adults. I am glad I didn't kill any of my dear ones when I felt like it as they were growing up
!
I am very excited about two projects here in OKC. One is through my association with CASA ( Court appointed Special Advocate) and one is "artsy fartsy" I am wondering what someone like Matt living in NYC thinks of my idea. I want to develop an interdiciplinary and multidisciplinary art space called Liminal Space: Thresholds. We have a wonderful building in our artist colony the "Paseo" and I want to have studio space where all artists must 1- be teaching somewhere in the community, 2- be exchanging art lessons with an artist from a different discipline within our collaborative and 3- be writing and producing mutlitdisciplinary art pieces and one huge collaborative art festival that will be a little like buring man. I believe that collaborative and multidisciplinary art challenges the boundries artists establish and foster an environment of experiments, challenges, growth and change.

The head of CASA is opening a group home that will focus on housing sibling groups. I am sitting on a planning committee and I am interested in writing special programming for this group of kids. I will keep you posted as to my plans. I will conitue to volunteer as a CASA.

I have been going crazy knitting and crocheting. I had never really learned and it is at times like this that I would love to have an expert like Jo to help me and answer a thousand questions I have. My cats Willow and Sami think all of this yarn activity is a great idea.

Randy and I are happy to be home again together. It is hard to truly enjoy things without your best friend to share it with.

Here's hoping everyone is enjoying the summer and taking time to do cool stuff. Please write and tell us about it!!

Janae'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your plans sound awesome mom! I'd love to sit down with you sometime and just brainstorm together about cool projects and different things you could do. I bet we'd be a good team. Either that, or a terrible one because we're so similar. Nonetheless, it'd be fun :) You are so smart and talented. I will be going to Chaiyaphum today. I'll try to write another journal entry/travel log if I can. I love you and dad very much. Talk to you soon.
Kurt Torben