Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Greetings! Welcome to the Bernhard Blog. I intend this blog to be a catalyst to keep everyone in our family updated with one another and to share exciting updates, stories, funny links, etc. Perhaps I've become sentimental because I haven't seen anyone in the Bernhard family other than Nana for many years now. Recently, I had the opportunity to correspond with Annie again. I was excited to receive her e-mail and anxious at the chance to be able to continue regular correspondence with her again. Right before I went to sleep last night a thought occured to me: "What if I was to setup a blog site called the Bernhard Blog that would make it simple for all of us to post and keep one another updated"? I woke up today, and quickly registered to begin this simple little project in hopes that it will provide an easy way for us all to keep in touch. Additionally, another thought occured to me. I thought that this may be a way that Nana can enjoy funny anecdotes and updates from all of her children and grandchildren despite their location. This dawned on me when I realized that I'm in Thailand and Annie is in Florence and we are still able to communicate rather effortlessly. Also, it would be very simple for Nana. All we would have to do is set this page as Nana's homepage. I will write again soon with some updates from my life. Quite a bit has changed in my life since I saw you guys last. I hope all is well in everyone's world. I love you all very much.

- Kurt -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I head to Indonesia tomorrow. I'm very excited. I'm going to fly to Singapore, take a ferry over to Batham , Indonesia, and then fly to Jakarta. I'll be in Jakarta for a day and then fly back to Batham and into Malaysia for a few hours :) I need to get everyone's e-mail so I can popularize this site. Thanks for posting! I will send you the username and pw soon so we can all post on the main page. I'll get all this to you when I get back. Peace!