Sometimes I wonder why I take so long to figure things out. This has been a week of epiphanies and although they may strike you as, well....yeh, I still thought I would pass them along.
Epiphany #1 No matter how talented, inventive or amazing you are, you cannot do things alone. For some reason, I insist on putting myself in this position over and over again. What I miss out when I do this is an opportunity to learn new things, the opportunity to make new friends, the chance of making my project bigger and better and.. less stress. "Sigh" I just never seem to let this concept stick. Now armed with this information I am having....wait for it.... a good week at work. I am delegating like a mad woman, making contacts and sharing the wealth. Ah... feels much better.
Epiphany #2 It is really important to admit it when you are wrong and apologize. Take poor brother Ury in the wheelchair in my ward. I really shouldn't have been snappy to him. Bad form. Just because I dropped my glasses in the pedals of the organ and made several songs have a "Sweeney Todd" workhouse whistle, it wasn't his fault! So I apologized. I told him I was nervous and no harm was meant. Now to tell you I understand him now and all of a sudden we were in a field of daisies and we were spinnig in a circle, him in his wheel chair (by some special effect) this would be a fib. But I think at least that he knows that I am human and flawed and I know it.
Epiphany #3 It is better to be wrong and kind then right and unkind. I am teaching this anger management class for kids in In School Suspension ( school jail) I got two kids to walk out on me, lodge a complaint and turn over a desk on my second day. Now.. I may have been talking to them straight, but today.. instead of continuing this battle of the wills, I came in and brought really good candy and I did a class on relaxation and letting go of anger. Before I started I apologized to both kids for getting them so mad. I told them I am a flawed person and that I wanted to have a second chance. they were amazed. Apparently most adults don't do this or admit to being wrong. It worked out well. I think they are joining ACCISS.
So, I guess life long learner really fits here. I wonder what my next course will be?
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
5 comments:
The great thing is when we allow ourselves to be taught by these experiences and become life long evolvers. Your kids are lucky to have you.
Thanks best friend. Now let's work on a good time to talk during the week. I don't know your schedule with Bronwyn now.
O.K. I pick her up at 11:15, so I think you would still be asleep. Otherwise it is the same. I get home from getting Ulysses around 3:30 p.m., which is about 8:30 a.m. your time. What a pain this is! How are you feeling?
I tried calling you because I woke up with a pain in my shoulder. I realized after reading this that you had gone to pick her up. So.. it is almost the weekend and we can have a good visit soon. I am feeling fine. I am adjusting to a bunch of new meds and I think I am pretty much in the zone. I do feel tired but that goes with life as a busy person. So...talk to you soon. Love and miss you!!
MOM
Somеоne necessarіlу help to make sіgnifіcantly ρostѕ I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual submit incredible. Wonderful task!
Take a look at my site - tens unit
My website > tens units
Post a Comment