I just noticed that the Walker blog has not had a post since March 25, 2008. I am convinced that mind control (Bubb blog, Walker Blog and Hitler blog) is not a good thing. Free speech, no matter how inconvient it is ,for the dutiful, works.
But for today, I must discuss things I do like about the different hats I wear.
Mormon hat: I like the fact that I know how to make soup and that car accident people( even if they are faking) need soup delivered to them.
I like the fact that no matter how shitty you are at something, people blissfully call you to do it anyway, like people who can't feel the beat conducting music.or the one finger piano player in R.S.
I like the fact that we are in a recession and the old guys, some of which talk in conference from a chair were right about food storage and getting out of debt.
I like the fact that instead of moving from church to church to find a good pastor we dutifully go to a church that has a different one that sucks ass each week.
Teacher hat: I like the fact that you can plan almost any activity if you have a theme.
I like the fact that a limo ride, dinner and movie can be described as an"etiquette lesson"meeting an "objective".
I like the fact that working in a Jr. High lets you see that most people at this age "date" for 1-2 hours.
I like the fact that kids take off from lunch to work on knitting mistakes.
I like the fact that you get to hear people talk to students like they would enjoy locking them up in a basement like that kid that escaped to the health club.
Wife hat: I like having a husband who looks at all the cute amirugumi animals and looks for books of patterns on Amazon for me.
I like the fact that your husband calls you from another room to see him turn people into penguins on WOW.
Things I like about being a mom
EVERYTHING! and just about nothing, depending on the day.
Things I like about winter:
It is restful. I agree with the trees, enough of this exhausting blooming and thriving, just shut down for a while.
Things I like about Christmas:
The fact that a family spent 8 hours in a mega Christmas store and lost members of their family for hours.
Over done light and inflatables on their house and in their yard.
The salvation army ringers who decide to stand in the lobby, after all charitable business is slow and it is cold during this "giving season."
The fact that during a blizzard some people drive so slow that you think they are stopped and other people drive so fast that, as my friend at work said, "I could drive better in this weather if their were no other cars."
The fact that dads are pissed shoveling, moms are pissed shleping past snow drifts and kids are happily sledding.
So, despite my need to mention that fact that I hate people, I do like lots of things.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment