The Bubbs have returned from a rollercoaster ride of a trip to Paris. The holiday was by turns excruciating and thrilling.
The good -- We were in Paris! We got to see beautiful art, buildings and cool history. We ate loads of croissants, pastries and hot baguettes. Getting around was easy and our hotel was better than we thought it would be. My french was passable and the French people were very helpful and friendly. And, of course, we got to spend a lot of time together as a family.
The bad -- It was freezing cold, bitter Michigan in the dead of winter cold. Our kids may have been a bit too young for the trip; the line for the Eiffel Tower was hours long and Thorunn cried for most of it, Thorunn also cried for most of the train ride to Paris. Our hotel was in a bad part of town and there were no cafes or restaurants so we didn't get to eat as much as we would have liked. There is nothing like several days in a tiny hotel room to make you wish for less family togetherness.
Still, all in all, I loved it and I am glad we didn't wait for things to be more perfect before we went. I can't wait to go back!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
You guys are such a good looking group. Heidi, your hair is simply awesome.
These pictures are wonderful. It makes me miss you all so much. I am so grateful that you are happy and thriving there. What adventures the Bubb tribe have.
I second that emotion on how wonderful that hair color looks. Heidi, how pretty you are!
Thanks! That makes my day. :)
Paris, WOW! That looks like an awesome trip. Your kids are troopers. :)
Post a Comment