Yesterday, the intrepid Bubbs went to Saffron-Walden to go to a small, but beautifully curated museum full of unexpected treasures. In addition to stuff that has been taken out of the mounds we've been to see, there were Egyptian mummies, Victorian clothes, Tudor furniture, a printing press, and Roman treasures. They also had an amazing display that belonged to a (now dead) anthropologist who lived in a time when it was o.k. to take stuff from the people you were studying. Questionable by today's standards, but it was a pretty amazing collection. Zulu shields, Samurai armour and Inuit costumes were among some of the standouts. Thorunn (not shown) behaved like a an almost-two-year-old with a bad cold and no nap by crying hysterically and generally refusing to cooperate.
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
1 comment:
Theses pictures are great additions to the mini shrines I have at my office. I can't get over how big everyone is getting. Wish I was there to check it out in person. Missing you!!
Post a Comment