Friday, September 05, 2008

Blessing of Health By a Mother for Her 7-Year Old Daughter

“I recall the time I had a very severe case of Yellow Jaundice. I was about 7 years old. Uncle Walter Mitchell had come to our home to pay us a visit on his way home from filling a mission. My father was on his mission at this time and mother was alone with 7 or 8 children, when I was stricken with Jaundice.

Uncle Walter administered to me several times and remained at our home longer than he had planned on staying, because of the severity of my illness.

One night I told Mama I would rather have her administer to me than Uncle Walter and if she would do it, I would surely get better. So, responding to the faith of a small child, she anointed my head with the oil, then kneeling by my bed, placed her hand upon my head and pleaded for the Lord’s blessings. Within a very few hours, the fever broke, I went to sleep and improved rapidly from that moment on until I was completely better.”

1 comment:

Torben B said...

Of course! What an awesome story!