
Today I was driving to Walgreens to get my meds moved over and filled. I didn't have any pick-up with my car and I thought to myself, this car is weak. When I drove in a group of people approached me, four guys and a girl in their early twenties. Three of the guys had no shirts on, backwards ball caps and tatted up with prison tats. They had dirty nails, bad teeth and dirty clothes. They were loud and aggressive smacking each other and jumping on backs and cussing up a storm. This is what they said as they rushed up to my car. "Hey girl, you have a flat tire." I look at my tire, flat, blown. Then a tall skinny guy in a dirty wife beater tells me, "I can help you, let me get my tools." With the other guys they change my tire, advise me where to buy a tire and crack some funny Wyoming jokes. The girl it seems is the sister to a bunch of rowdy brothers who are mechanics and race stock cars. She is having a baby boy in October. It is her second. They finish helping me and I ask if I can pay them. They say, "Nope, just pay if forward." "Do something good for someone who needs help." With tears in my eyes I hugged the pregnant girl and her boyfriend, who was surprised that I did that. I now feel like I have a really important resposibility to find the person in trouble who needs me.
1 comment:
I love stories like this when people surprise you for the good. What good guys! I hope you find the person that you are meant to help out :)
Post a Comment