Friday, June 13, 2008

Music Nostalgia

I am truly amazed by the stuff you can find on YouTube! I am constantly finding old videos that I didn't even know existed. I was beginning to post some videos of classic songs from the 60's and 70's that I grew up with on the Bernhard Blog. But as I started posting, I decided it would be better to just create a new blog for music nostalgia. In the early 60's, Scott learned to play the guitar and became interested in the popular folk music of the time (Kingston Trio, Peter, Paul & Mary, Mitchell Trio, etc.). Eventually, in high school, he helped create a folk group called "The Coachmen". I shared a room with Scott and between listening to the recordings, listening to him practice, and hearing the Coachmen practice and perform, I became very familiar with most of the folk music and performers of that period. I guess that is partly why I never got as involved with rock and roll. However, I do remember watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, buying my first Simon & Garfunkel recording, hearing "Hello, I Love You" by the Doors on the radio. Anyway, hope you enjoy some of the music videos I've posted...please feel free to add your own favorites!

2 comments:

Janae said...

Randy this is fun idea. Perhaps moving and sorting through 32 years of memories made you think about the music that played in the background of our lives. I recognize most of it but alas some of the music, I am too young :) to remember.

Torben B said...

i've had a fun time working my way through some of the videos. It's fun to see videos for songs i've heard many times. Great idea.