
Can I, will I, should I, have I, made a difference in this world? After a wonderful trip to England, I dare say, perhaps. I will probably never do anything incredible for mankind at large. I doubt I will cure societies ills any time soon. However, I have reason to feel joyful. Why? Because I understand how small my sphere of influence is. If I can look at each day and think, I have given more than I have taken then, my first circle of influence is okay. Next I need not look at my many relationships and extended family and wonder, am I honored to be numbered here? Nope, think smaller. Am I a nice Mom? Am I a kind wife? Do my grandkids know who I am and more importantly do I know them? Second circle of influence, okay. Do I need to pour over every current event and worry about righting wrongs? Think even smaller, my effect only an echo. Within my nuclear family do I see good? Is kindness, fairness and honesty valued and being taught? If so, my spheres of influence are okay, today.
1 comment:
I think sometimes that our sphere of influence is bigger than we think. I agree - I will probably never cure society's ills or cure diseases, however, I think being a mom is one of the biggest influences you can have. Think how different your kids are b/c you are who you are instead of someone else. You were able to mold (to a certain extent) who they are, and they in turn, mold their children. I have no doubt that your great-great-grandchildren will be better people simply b/c of how you raised your kids.
Post a Comment