Monday, March 03, 2008

Don't worry, be happy now


This is why, no matter what is going on, we should be happy; because life is funny.

I have been saying that when we move I would like to fullfill my dream to be able to say,"Time to make the donuts" and work at Dunkin Donuts. I stopped there today, and they had a big "Help wanted,apply within" sign. Coindedence? I think not.

I took our cat, again to the vet. While I was waiting a guy who looked so much like my Papa, tiny white mustache and all that I wanted to go up and hug him, told this story. It seems that his dog, a golden retriever had been playing with something in the yard, carrying it around at licking it a lot and doing dog fun things with it. This mans wife notices this and sends him out to investigate. The man comes in and tells his wife that the dog is playing with a tiny baby squirrel. The woman tells the man to go out and get the said tiny baby squirrel. The man doesn't seem too keen on this idea but he knows by now that his wife will not be happy until the little squirrel comes inside. So he goes and gets it and brings it in. This squirrel, amazingly is alright, except for lots and lots of doggie slobber. The wife promptly gives the little squirrel a bath and gets it toast warm and dry. She next sends the man to Pet Smart. For what you may ask? Kitten formula and a tiny bottle. This cute little old guy is searching the store for these items and asking the Pet Smart vet if he is getting the right stuff. Evidently, this old couple are now going to raise this little squirrel. The man put it best, "What else could we do?"


No comments: