Sunday, January 27, 2008

Farewell to a Hero

Hearing the news that our dear prophet died today brought a tear to my eye. Of course we all knew it was going to be soon, but you still feel a bit of disbelief when it happens. I like thinking about the reunions he is having, especially with his dear wife that he obviously missed so much. Living here in OKC, we searched the news and computer to find out more about President Hinkley. I can't help but notice that Heath Ledger's death at 28 has been a constant on the news. I do feel his death is so sad, especially for his folks and young daughter and yet, you just can't compare any of it.

Whether or not a person was famous or talented or dies too young or after a long life, the most important detail is how that person had lived their life. Farewell to our dear prophet who walked the walk. I will never forget the way he ended every conference with a short personal talk, not a speech, not a criticism but a love letter to all of us, to lift us and encourage us and share his love for us. I will miss that.

1 comment:

Torben B said...

Great post Mom! Well put...