I leave for India tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure how I feel. I'm excited by the idea of what we're doing, but scarcely understand the reality of it. I suppose I'll have to experience it first to truly understand. We will land in Calcutta (Kolkata) at about two in the morning, and quickly take a cab to our hotel. I'm sure the night will feel surreal, very much like Indonesia did last year. Maybe I'll gain some insight on this trip
. Perhaps I'll figure out my life's journey :) We'll take trains through a good portion of Northern India, passing through famous Buddhist and Hindu sites. We'll spend time in the city of Delhi. We'll ride camels in Jaipur. I anticipate this trip being exciting, and hopefully thought provoking. I'll have the chance to go see The Golden Palace where Gandhi once spoke, and travel to areas in Calcutta where Mother Teresa once blessed the afflicted with her kindness. If India is anything like the rest of the world, I'll see a great deal of poverty and sadness. I imagine I'll also see smiles, and people I won't be able to take my eyes off of. I'm excited. I leave for India tomorrow.Hopefully I'll be able to keep everyone posted throughout my travels. If not, expect a number of posts when I get back
By the way, I want to work for the Showtime show "This American Life." I've been listening to the radio show nonstop as well. I'm downloading every episode ever aired. However, I think I'll enjoy working for the television show the most. I would love to get paid for basically taking snapshots of American culture.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! Have an amazing (SAFE!!!!) time, KB.
Will be thinking about you!
Post a Comment