
Hello again from Thailand. I've been keeping myself busy everyday between the doc, import/export, and eBay. It feels good to be back in Thailand. After all of this time, I admit that I hardly understand Thailand or Thai people. I'm happy I have the language. I feel privy to so much that I'm sure other people without Thai language abilities can't access. I've been sitting back and observing quite a bit, looking at Thailand with fresh eyes. Thailand has changed since I served here as a missionary. I suppose that most of the changes have actually occurred in me. I feel somewhat of a disconnect from the Thailand I used to know. However, I feel intimate with Thailand in a new and exciting way. I feel more seasoned, my missionary years seeming more like a short introduction for what promises to be a long relationship with this country.
I head to India in a few weeks. I'm really excited. The plans still seem a bit vague, but from what I understand the trip will include ancient Buddhist sites, Sikh sites, camel riding in the deserts of India, Himalaya trekking and more. Sometimes I need to p
inch myself. I feel like I still scarcely understand the places and people I met last year as I traveled. My life has become so crazy. I really should write down more of my experiences and try to keep a record of everything that goes down. I should also tell you guys some of my mission experiences at some point before I forget them. I've wanted to tell you for quite some time, I've just never felt like the opportunity really presented itself. We'll be in India for three weeks and travel from Calcutta to Delhi. We were thinking about cutting up towards Bangladesh and spending a day or so in Bangladesh, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not.The Thai
cowboy doc seems to be going well. On Thursday we're headed to an area called Bak Choong to film some horseback riding. Next week we've been invited to a cowboy party. These guys are awesome. We're planning on putting together a short 10-15 min. doc and then using it to raise money to make a full length doc. We're filming on pretty low end cameras, but it feels like real filmmaking --- none of the bells and whistles, just out with the people filming this strange little subculture. Hoop Dreams was shot on really low end cameras and is a great documentary. I'll write little blurbs about all of these events. I'll try to throw in the good stuff.Well... anyways... this is just a quick little update. I'll try to write more often and make my posts more interesting. I need to learn to write the way I speak. I always sound too formal in my writing. College has truly messed me up. Talk to you guys soon.
1 comment:
Kurt! Thanks for all the photos and for letting us all know what is going on over there. I can hardly wait to see your documentary! Mom & I were thinking of going to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and getting some things. What would they most enjoy? Just let us know!
Post a Comment