Monday, May 21, 2007

For some reason I haven't been able to access the blog site. I found a back door where I can view the site, but not the comments. Nonetheless, I can still post and look at your posts. I'm looking into fixing it, but it looks like it's a problem with our IP address and other yucky stuff.

I went to Pantip Plaza yesterday in downtown Bangkok. Pantip Plaza is a great place, full of 100 BHT (three dollars) movies and other cheap technological gadgets. I bought a few movies (Fast Food Nation, Dream With The Fishes, and Breach) and some CDs. The other night I went to a similar place and bought Being John Malkovich, Volver, The Science of Sleep, and Before Sunrise. Life is good. Sometimes I feel like a pretty simple person --- put me in a room with good movies and good friends and I'm content (or a box of granola bars). It's such a pain traveling in Bangkok. I had the great plan to utilize traffic jam time last summer until I realized that I get sick when I read in the car :) Perhaps I can figure out a new plan. Nonetheless, I'm happy I went. Every time I venture into the sprawling city I get to see something I've never seen before. For example, this transvestite clown musician wearing a kilt:

1 comment:

Janae said...

She/he is very pretty. Kind of reminds me of the star of that one movie we watched where the girl is always text messaging in the club and gets naked but it also shows other time periods, remember?

I like to watch shows about transgender people. I like to think about it. Of course my mind unfortunatly wanders to transgender pastor Bob and his backwards summersault, but usually I think about how much more layered and complex are world really is and how many people feel displaced for a good reason, and how maybe you aren't really gay but maybe displaced. I also think the debate about reassignment surgery for questionable gender infants is really interesting. One thing I can definately say about Asian transgender people, they are much prettier than 6'2 American ones.