Hello Bernhard crazies,
I am in bed with walking pneumonia again!! I have been more sick this fall/winter than when I started teaching at the preschool in Michigan. I am seeing a new Rhuemotologist, pain specialist and internist. I will overcome!!
What is new or in my case predictable and old with me. I am teaching a lot of art. I really like it. For this reason I must stay well!! At my ESL elementary school I am teaching a improv every Monday and Theater around the world for "Theater Club" . I have (Funny) mostly boys in my club and they are all about stage combat and stunts. It is hilarious. We are doing Asian traditional theater (sloooow down there son!) and they are making these amazing superhero masks out of foam. I am doing a large textile weaving at the projects with kids and it has been one tragedy after another. I got in a fender bender trying to bring the frame in my car, when the frame sort of hit my gear shift at a sort of red light thingy, We had it strung and woven and kids dropped it and all the pieces fell out and... well... the fate for this wonderful work of art is unknown. We are doing it through a grant from the "Diversity Council" so what hope did we really have? A bunch of really poor kids telling it in art... hmmm...
I am enjoying my work with "Special Pops" This is art for mentally challenged kids. Many are autistic and I have learned to sign important words like Poop and Prairie dog. We are doing a song and dance unit with them. It is fun. I love how mentally handicapped kids are one minute still and the next minute running in to the wall.. Some are so handicapped that I do feel sadness. It is probably just me, but for some, life outside their special school will never exist and that is hard to think about. They are lovers though, really touchy this group. I will be teaching some summer camps but I hope to get some breaks this summer.
Going to ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you know me, you will know that I must mention this fact in every other sentence. I miss Heidi and Jared and kids so much. I have a whole Nae'nae' suitcase full of gifts and fun things to do all packed. I can't wait to see the new BUBBY. Being a grandmother is the purest feeling of joy I have ever experienced. I will spend my birthday April 3 in London this year and it still seems like a dream. I am glad my kids have interesting lives so that I can have one!!
On channeling Ganny and knitting adventures. I have been knitting solid for one year. Seriously have not missed a day. I have a knitting group "Happy Stitchers" we knit for hospice. I love to knit. I do it every chance I get. Like most things I like to like in excess land if I can. I even sleep knitting (according to Randy) and I have to have needles pried from my sleeping fingers. I am finishing sweaters (my 1ST and 2Nd) For Kurt and Ulysses. I am really interested in weaving and making yarn. It is fun. Those of you who knit, you know who you are, understand the hypnotic side to this art form. I have also tailored a wedding dress and been sewing a few items lately.
I have been writing songs for my classes lately. Not because my call and response songs are so wonderful but they can be tailor made for my lesson plans. I am going to start using my auto harp more than the guitar because I have bad arthritis in my thumbs. It is hell getting old.
Well that is me. I will comment around and reach out and touch someone.
Love.
Nae'nae the happy hooker
Beach Boys--I Get Around
18 years ago
1 comment:
Mom, sorry to hear you are so sick!I'll call and check on you later today.
Post a Comment