Everyone must be pretty busy. Posts have slowed down quite a bit. However, comments have increased :) The comments are actually becoming really enjoyable to read. I've been pretty good recently. I keep busy with school and work and the amount of things I consume :) I've finally found out what I want to do with my life. I feel really excited and confident about my decision. I want to be a documentary filmmaker. I think this profession combines everything I've grown to love: language, structuring information, research, culture, and activism. I think it would also be great to work with my wife on projects. Of course, there is always the risk of ending up in poverty, unable to feed my children. I figure you are running a risk in nearly any profession. Nonetheless, I'm finishing up my philosophy degree and plan to go to graduate school and get a M.F.A. I would hate to go through life only doing the things I think I HAVE to do. I was recently nominated for outstanding student of the year for the Behavioral Science Department (I haven't officially changed my major yet). It feels good to have been nominated. It's nice to be recognized for your efforts. My life is going well. I'm happy to be alive. I'm happy with my work and school. Marriage is great.
5 comments:
Well Done! I am glad to hear you are so happy. What kind of documentarian would you like to be? Would you shoot for something cinematic in feeling or more down to earth, like Morgan Spurlock?
Grizzly Man type -- just kidding :) Umm, I like the idea of doing semi-activist culturally educational documentaries that try to be objective :) I don't want to come off as insincere as Michael Moore.
As a side note, I do like the documentary Grizzly Man :) I just think his documentary style is funny because he's so dramatic. One of the best documentaries I've seen for a while is a Brazillian doc called Bus 174. Btw, the Wal*Mart documentary was pretty crappy. They weren't very thorough and they presented it as an overly-sentimental emotive argument instead of really doing research and really delving into the Wal*Mart "problem."
I think the best docs seem to be done either in a first person style about a subject someone has lived, or completely cold.. as in I am learning as the watchers is learning because boy was I wrong about this.. such as 30 days. The cool thing about this recent "When I grow up" thought is that you and Marissa could collaborate and two heads are always better than one!
Ill watch your movies if they got National geographic boobies in um WOOT !
Post a Comment