Thursday, February 15, 2007








My first post! I've been lazily relying on Jared's zeal for blogging, but with the recent Bernhard activity, I was feeling a bit left out. So, our second castle of the day was Orford Castle, built in the 12th Century on a hill overlooking the North Sea. Although one can become a bit castle weary, this was my favorite castle we've seen. Jared thinks it was because of the audio tour (Ulysses is not the only nerdy convert, as you can see in the photos). But I liked it because it was so well intact and had not been modernized or turned into much of a museum. We braved treacherous stairs up and down the castle to see where the king would have slept when he visited, alcoves, a lady's chamber, a main hall, a chapel and, of course, the latrines (as modeled by Ulysses). All in all a good day.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Heidi! Good to see you joining in on the fun :) Trust mom to turn Awen into Arwyn :)