Thursday, February 15, 2007


Hey all!!!! It's me and the Randy Bernhards!!!! LOVING IT! I can't get over how freaking cute Heidi's fam is and I voted for Arwyn though I'm not sure it processed...just wanted to get that out there. Gotta love Lord of the Rings! Right now I am taking a "time out" from life and watching THE DEPARTED with the boyfriend and my buddy Matt. It's great. My dad, Torben, Matt and I went and saw it in the theater and while Torben can handle himself, Matt and I felt TOTALLY awkward at the amount of swearing and violence...ANYHOO...if there is anything I have learned about having little teenagers around me (hannah and torben) it is that they are growing up a heck of a lot faster than I did....PROBABLY wouldn't even KNOW who Anna Nicole Smith is at 13 but I get updates from the little ones all the time. I digress...

I had a GREAT birthday yesterday. Gotta love Valentine's Day. My good friend's bday was the day before so we've been celebrating for DAYS! So I did the school thing, went out for a little celebration lunch with my good buddies and then after a nice workout, Casey (boyfriend) and I went to my FAVORITE pizza place and scarfed pizza for a few hours. My dad was disappointed that we weren't doing a "romantic" dinner, but I said that this is what I wanted more than anything. I've been doing the diet thing and keeping up on exercise so it was SOOOO fun to completely disregard that yesterday! My mom sent me boxes of stuff to open up so I spent some time just relaxing around my apartment before going to bed at 9:30--for 10 hours of sleep...UNPRECEDENTED IN LAW SCHOOL!!!! So that was the best present ever. Among other stuff, Casey got me tickets to "Annie" which is in town right now and we have a date night Sunday to see it! Very exciting!! Wow my life sounds small...I'm not in England or writing songs or running a business!! Except Casey and my best girlfriend STephanie threw me a huge surprise party last weekend and it was SOOO much fun. There were probably 60 people there (at a bowling alleY) and we just had the best time...good friends.

I got a job in a transactional law firm for this summer in Seattle. So it will be really good to be back there and around the fam. I am specializing in tax, estate planning, corporate formation, etc. WOOHOO! Unfortunately that's really what I love (unfortunate because it sounds boring...but it's not!) and FORTUNATELY I got the perfect job (and they're even gonna pay me....weird). So in another 1.5 years I will be taking the Bar exam and hopefully becoming a real-life lawyer. (Like we need more, right?) Hopefully I like it! Keep your fingers crossed.

That's all I got. Much love to Kurt--he gave me the access to get back on this blog w/bday wishes yesterday! I don't know how it happened but I haven't been able to get on...something about gmail?? ANyhoo I LOVE it and I love that I can keep in touch with you this way!!! I'm going to try and post a picture of me and my man!

Love to all--i'll try to get my family in line here!

3 comments:

Randy said...

Annie! It was GREAT to hear from you. Sounds like things are really going well for you :) Also, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Torben B said...

I'm glad you're back on the blog. We need some other Bernhard family representation :) I'm glad you had a good Birthday yesterday and I ENVY you for getting that much sleep (that sounds wonderful). Talk to ya soon! Love ya cuz.

Janae said...

Annie!!
Happy belated birthday. Don't feel bad, I just finished knitting something for my Dad and sent it today (his b'day is Feb2)
You look happy and very much in love land with Mr. Casey. Well done, you. It sounds like you are going to be a huge success in the business world with your law degree in hand and your great spirit and beauty, who could resist you?? Miss you, and I hope you continue to have a good year.

Nae'nae'